Friday, May 15, 2009

Vegenaise

I love mayonnaise. I put it on almost anything - eggs, fish, sandwiches, fries, - name it. I can give up sweets if I have to, but never mayonnaise. So when Bambino was tested allergic to eggs and dairy, I was left in a quandary especially since I'm still nursing him and he's supposed to be getting whatever I eat. I have been avoiding eggs since he was born.

I've been missing mayo until his Dietitian suggested I try Vegenaise. She recommended I add it to pasta and rice (since these are two things Bambino likes to eat, if he eats at all) for added calories.
I'd have to say, it's not so bad. It doesn't have the creamy flavor I like from real mayo, but it will do. Its main ingredients are canola and soy. I'm lucky, the vegan store that sells and manufactures them is just 5 miles away but they also have an online store where it's available.

http://www.followyourheart.com/

No comments: