Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another Breakout


I guess some good things doesn't last. But I won't say never.

After two months of exhibiting no symptoms except for the occasional allergic reactions, my little Bambino is having another breakout and this one seemed to have crept up on us without any warning, unlike all the others. It used to be that he would start getting red in little spots around his body and would then progress all over.

I just noticed on Thursday morning that he screams whenever we lift him up, and after examining his chest and stomach areas, I saw it - what the doctors at UCLA termed as "classic netherton."

We always expect an outbreak during the changing of the season. Not that Southern California has "four seasons" like the ones the East Coast is popular for, but just the same, his break outs are more pronounced during those times.

This one is BAD. The last I remember that comes close to this one was his breakout in June, before the start of the summer. Then and now, Bambino's skin is just peeling off of him. And he screams to the touch. In June, it affected his entire body. I remember a solid piece of skin just falling off the soles of his feet. This time, it's just on his torso - so far.

My husband and I are hoping that this bout will disappear as soon as it showed up. We are praying.

1 comment:

Bea Adra said...

thank you for sharing this... i am aina, 21, from malaysia. suffered with netherton syndrome since birth. those pictures remind me when i was a little baby....