Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Four Stitches

Yesterday, Bambino had his first big booboo. He likes to push things - from toy trucks to small chairs to big chairs, and he was pushing this little chair around in the kitchen when he tripped and hit his forehead against the corner of this chair.



It bled a lot and I contemplated taking him to the ER in case he needed stiches.



But after I cleaned up the cut, I figured it was just superficial. Especially after a while when he totally forgot about it and happily went on playing with his blocks.



But when I emailed this photo to his Dad, he demanded that I take him to the ER right away. Wanting to err on the side of caution, I did what Daddy asked and we spent about three hours in the ER where he ended up getting four stitches.



We finally got home at 9:30 last night and I took this photo:



We owe him a toy firetruck (he is into trucks these days) for being a super trouper at the ER. If it was up to me, I'd just leave the superficial cut alone, but the doctor thought it'd heal better if the cut was sewn shut so...



... now he looks like a little prizefighter with a boxer's cut :)

3 comments:

Anna Dawn said...

Thanks for contacting me originally. I am so sorry for taking so long to write back. I guess I have been so overwhelmed to write because there is so much I want to say and ask and talk about with you!!

First of all, I am so sorry about your little guy's stiches and the whole ER thing. I've gotta say, I avoid the hospital as much as I can if it's not serious because it seems like we always get admitted and have to stay longer than necessary.

I can relate to your situation in so many ways, I almost feel as if we already know each other. I can tell you are such a strong woman, I have deffinately overcome a personal struggle with my shyness. I've really come out of my shell having to deal with people's indifference and comments. I would really like to get to know you and your family. I have already shown your son's picture to my daughter EmmaLee and she loves him! She's 4 and loves all babies, and I showed her a baby just like her and she loved him. She's now old enough to tell people that she "has a skin disorder" (thats exactly what she says)but I know that she's still not old enought to understand that she's different.

I will try to be better at blogging so we can learn about each other that way as well. Please feel free to email me
annadawnhook@yahoo.com
I have so much I want to say!
You are doing such a great job,
Take care.
-Anna Dawn

Anna Dawn said...

oh, ps.
Can I share your blog link on mine to direct and inform more people about NS and what we do?

Karen said...

Hi Anna Dawn! I'm thrilled we got this communication going! Of course, you can link to my blog site. I'm not even sure anybody is reading it apart from my family. I thought its a good way to keep track of his break outs, medications and everything about his growth, sort of like a baby journal. I started it one day when I felt so depressed during a bad break out and I found out I felt better after writing about it. So it's also like a therapy to me.

And heaven knows, I need a good "pick me up" especially after a sleepless night due to itching. LOL!

BTW, your craft products are adorable. You're very artistic!

P.S. I just sent you an email.