Friday, April 3, 2009

Itches & Congestion


March 25, 2009

So Bambino is better now for the most part. His skin is clear save for the sebhorric scalp and some dryness in his extremities. But as expected, like what happens in every cycle of break out, the itching starts. And like the other bouts with the itch, this also keeps us up at night. Bambino would wake up scratching until he bleeds. My husband and I would take turns trying to calm him down. Some nights, he would wake up every hour.

The Itch would last from one to two weeks and it's always bothersome in the sense that Bambino (and his parents) isn't getting quality sleep. Not to mention the havoc he wreaks on his skin, making him susceptible for infection. Hydroxyzine or Periactin helps little. Even the anti-depressant Doxepin offers very little relief. So I guess, like with every aspect of his disorder, we will just have to weather this one out.


April 1, 2009

To add to his misery, he also has cough and colds. I have been sick with a super contagious upper respiratory tract infection and it's really impossible for him not to get the virus considering that I nurse him four to six times a day and we're togethter 24/7. Even if I cover my facial orifices most of the time, I was betting on him getting it. So now, we are both congested and coughing out thick mucus. This is his very first bout with cough and colds, and he is not a happy camper. He is extra clingy though, which could be bad because I am sick myself.

All playdates have been cancelled. Even his supposed session with the Feeding Therapist on Thursday was cancelled. We don't want to get anybody sick.

But like the itches and everything else, this too shall come to pass.

No comments: